POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sword Stand WIP (virtual and real) : Sword Stand WIP (virtual and real) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 02:26:20 EDT (-0400)
  Sword Stand WIP (virtual and real)
From: Patrick Dugan
Date: 26 Mar 2002 11:44:13
Message: <3ca0a55d@news.povray.org>
Thanks to everyone who helped me in understanding iso-surfaces the other
day.  This is what I've been working on and what the iso was being used for.
This is a work-in-progress sword stand.  My wife said that I needed
something better than a really bad wooden stand that we currently have.  I
said would try to design a "medieval looking" one of wrought iron.  The
stand would be placed on a fireplace mantel (hence the stonework.)  All of
the elements need work.  I'm behind on the dagger the most.

I took the dimensions of the stand to a local wrought iron shop and
(hopefully) the stand will become the real thing soon.  I just hope it won't
cost too much.

Patrick Dugan

P.S.  The sword's name is "Hamingja" and the dagger's name is "Gandr"

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'SwordStand.jpg' (85 KB)

Preview of image 'SwordStand.jpg'